Sunday, November 3, 2013

Design With Lawrence Marvitt

The first week of design was really an aye opener. We worked with composition in it's pure and simple form - though figuring out that this is not as simple as it may seem.
 
Looking at great master painters and graphics I realized that the simplicity of the composition in contrast to the complicated techniques is the answer of an strong image.
 
Trough the week we had some different assignment - some more abstract than others.
First we should make a composition of three rectangles creating as dynamic picture as possible . No one really succeeded this.  
 
The next assignment was to work with making clear pictures - describing a "taste".
 
We got handed out a peace of chocolate and should  now then in words and poetry try to describe the taste of dark chocolate within a feeling - a place - a mood or a memory.
When you have decided your "poetry" you should then create a clear abstract image that would described your atmosphere of the taste.
I had some troubles deciding but in the end I went for
"Corn field after thunderstorm" /Corn field just before storm breaks out.
This was some of the images I did (though I see they are not "clear" in the respect of my sentence)
 

 
 
The next assignment was to do the same - now with sound in stead of taste.
We should hear the album of Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" and make a graphic of the mood in the tunes.
I Now see I went for the wrong one.
"Mustage blowing playfull in the wind"
 

The last assignment was over two days (the others was one day assignments)
We should come up with a strong simple image with a Clear focus point in the theme
CIRKUS OF DEATH:
This is my result. (working for the first time in photoshop)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment