Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Exercises in style with Matt Madden

 
 
"Exercises in Style" book by Matt Madden (inspired by:).......
 
 
In this assignment we had to choose an artist, cartoonist or illustrator and use this style to create a new version of our template comic page.
For the fun of it, I picked Paul Klee. The result is not as organic as I hoped, because the original printing technique that Klee used for his prints would have been too long of a process. I did a few prints and traced it in Photoshop in stead. The line art is made with a thick pencil. I tried using Ink and dip pen but I realized it looked to tight for the style of Klee.
 
I made it in two different formats.
 


This was another version, with changed ankles or point of view. I changed mine style wise as well. I tried to make it more graphical approach, showing each side of the table in each panel, tricking the reader to think it is the entire table/ the corner of the table, thought the characters sit on each side of a table facing each other.


 
5 commands/rules from my neighbor that I had to follow made me do this little comic.
 
Swash-buckler style (what ever that is)
 
  My template comic. (this comic is the basic of all the other comics. They are based on this simple version)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment